How to improve your Pitbull digestion?
Is your pitbull facing different digestive troubles like:
- weight loss
If yes, then, first of all …
make sure that it is not the intestinal parasites creating problems for your pitbull.
If this is not the cause, then it might be sudden dietary changes, certain drugs, contaminated food, excessive grain intake (containing gluten) or stress that triggered the problem.
Any of the above reason calls for your immediate attention to your pitbull’s diet.
A dog food with following features serves as a quintessence of a good gastrointestinal diet:
- Dog food with at least 80-90% DIGESTIBILITY range is considered ideal for improving your pitbull’s digestion and avoiding digestive troubles like diarrhea.
- A high-protein rich diet (at least 40%) helps make your muscular pitbull stronger than ever ! Chicken, fish, etc. are great sources of protein.
- Too much fat intake by your pitbull can be risky. Preferably dog food with moderate fatty content (15-20%) should be given.
- Omega 3 fatty acids are a good supplementation for they help in improving inflammation in your pitbull.
- Carbohydrates free of gluten and the ones which are highly digestible should be preferred.
- Artificial preservatives, colors or dyes can worsen the situation for your dearest pet , so try to avoid dog foods containing these.
- On an average for a 45-pound active pitbull, about 1750 calories per day are required.
- Your active pet – pitbull – requires a good amount of water to keep them healthy and avoid dehydration.
- Fruits and veggies also promote good health for your pitbull.
- Pitbulls love salmon – fresh salmon!
So, good quality of dog food (containing high levels of protein, moderate fats and carbohydrates) is really necessary for your pitbull’s health.
9 types of dog foods to improve your pitbull digestion:
If your pitbull is suffering from nausea, gas or an upset stomach, then peppermint is the right choice. This freshening herb promotes the flow of digestive juices and relaxes intestinal muscles by leaving a soothing impact on the intestines’ lining.
Peppermint helps your pitbull to get rid of various discomforts including diarrhea, bloating, nausea, etc.
Fish oil contains omega 3 fatty acids which have a wide range of benefits.
Inflammation is reduced to a great extent by intake of this ingredient by your pitbull.
- gives your pitbull a shiny coat, healthy skin and builds up its immunity.
- can be a great help in enhancing your pet’s craving because of its rich flavors.
- can be helpful in curing many digestive problems like colitis.
Pumpkin is a great source of many nutrients like magnesium, zinc, copper, etc and is highly recommended if you want your pitbull to be relieved of health issues including digestion problems.
Contains a lot of fiber which is duly required by your pitbull.
High fiber contents cure diarrhea as well as constipation.
About 1-2 tablespoons of plain pumpkin are recommended.
It is an amino acid which helps in paralyzing many intestinal worms.
Pumpkin seeds can be fed to your pitbull in powdered form.
This dog food helps to increase absorption of nutrients in dog’s body and thus promotes good digestion.
Coconut oil can help cure colitis and also reduce inflammation.
A minimum of 1-2 teaspoons is recommended per day.
LEAFY GREEN VEGGIES:
Leafy green veggies are a wonderful source of vitamin E.
This vitamin is a powerful antioxidant which improves the immune system of your pitbull.
It helps in regulating the digestion process due to its fat – soluble properties.
This mineral makes your pet more active and stronger by preventing various digestion troubles.
Along with this, foods like pumpkins, fish oil etc. are rich in vitamin A, fruits are rich in Vitamin C, chicken and beef are enriched with proteins.
Most of all are these foods good for your pitbull.
FENNEL SEED POWDER:
Bile is a necessary aid for a well – functioning digestive process.
Fennel seeds increase the production of bile and thus improve the digestion process in your pitbull. These seeds relax the muscles of intestines and reduce stomach cramps.
Bloating can be well cured by these foods.
These seeds can be either given in powdered form or in liquid form by adding in lukewarm water.
It is one of the finest and cheapest ways to kill the internal parasites and worms present in your dog’s belly!
This is a non-toxic substance which is prepared by crushing the fossils of freshwater and marine organisms into fine powder.
Diatomaceous earth can be fed daily to your pitbull to kill the worms causing digestion problems.
Most importantly do ensure that you use food grade DE for your pet.
In conclusion it can also be used to control and kill external parasites like fleas and flies by rubbing it on your dog’s coat.
This is a miracle herb with high nutrition content.
- great help to your pitbull if it is suffering from diarrhea.
- contains mucilage which has soothing properties.
- helps to avoid irritation in the stomach.
- especially relevant helps to cure vomiting when combined with cinnamon, ginger.
It also contains mucilage and is helpful in curing diarrhea and colitis.
- provides relief from irritation.
- improve your Pitbull digestion.
- therefore can be given in powdered form or added to water.
- can be combined with elm bark to give best results.
Above dog foods can be given to your pitbull to keep him active and stronger.
gear up and get set and provide your pitbull a healthy diet to improve your Pitbull digestion now!
Free PDF Bonus: Download this Infographic.
If you have any good ideas how to improve digestion of your bully , leave comment now!